what makes you forget besides the burning liquid of life or the round pieces of earth i swallow im used to the feeling of fire i trip my way to the next square piece on the chessboard i watch the … Continue reading
I had the pleasure of trying out the Laneige Water Bank Serum, thanks to Influenster of course, and I’ve got to say I’ve loved it! This video is not in any way sponsored by Laneige or Influenster but I swear this shit is goooooood!!!! I have dry and dehydrated skin to the point that nothing in the world works, especially when it starts to get cooler outside. I have used numerous products and serums to counteract the dryness but the Laneige Water Bank Serum is definitely my favourite serum to date! The only thing I have to say I hate about it is that my autocorrect wants to change Laneige to lineage and I’ve never wanted to throw my laptop across the room more in my life!!
The serum comes in this beautiful glass bottle that is this gorgeous deep blue colour and its literally beautiful. As if I haven’t said those words enough. The only complaint I have is that the glass bottle doesn’t make it travel friendly since it could possibly shatter, although the glass is thick and sturdy feeling, I wouldn’t test it!
The serum comes out almost looking like a thin moisturizer and when you put it on your skin it leaves a nice cool layer over your face. It’s hard to explain but it definitely has a cooling feeling for some reason??? The serum sinks into the skin rather quickly and leaves your skin feeling very smooth and soft. I’ve never had a serum before that has changes the feeling and texture of my skin but this one definitely has improved it! I usually follow up with my moisturizer of choice, usually the Clarin’s HydraQuench, and thats that! I repeat these steps day and night and I’ve honestly never been happier with my skin care routine.
The serum is $46 Canada and you can now find this brand at Sephora!! This is exciting because now the brand is more accessible and easy to find. Laneige is a korean brand and I’m very happy that we can now get it in North America!
Have you guys tried anything from Laneige? How was it?
Thanks for reading!
(Picture taken in natural and artificial lighting)
1) Apply the Eyetini base all over the eyelid to just above the crease. Make sure to blend around the edges for a softer look.
2) Apply the lightest shimmery white shade in the Physicians formula eye shadow palette on the brow bone for a highlight.
3) Apply Mac’s “Wedge” in the crease of your eye for some definition. Be light handed to make it look subtle.
4)The darkest brown the in Physicians formula palette should be added in the outer “V” of the eye and blended towards the crease to darken it and create more definition.
5) Apply the Rimmel eyeliner on the bottom lash waterline. This makes your eyes look bigger and awake.
6) Just below the waterline, apply the Starlooks Amythest eyeliner to give your eye some sparkle and a pop of colour.
7) Apply Mary Kay eye shadow in White Lily in the inner corner for a highlight.
8) Finish the look with a couple of coats of your favourite mascara, mine just happens to be Buxom’s Sculpted Lash Mascara.
This has to be one of my favourite topics I’ve ever written about EVER! I LOVE makeup, skin care and body product to the point that it’s kind of an addiction. A seriously terrible addiction that has put a “dent” in my spending account. Notice the quotations around “dent”… well it might have been a bit more than a dent..oops. Pictured below are a ton of my favourite things that I’ve been using mostly in December and January that I’ve really loved.
1) Clarins HydraQuench Cream for normal to dry skin. I have serious dry skin to the point that I have peeling on my nose and forehead. I’m pretty sure those areas are supposed to be the oiliest parts of out faces but nope, my skin doesn’t care. It wants to be stubborn beyond belief. I’ve tried a lot of high end and drugstore moisturizers but this is definitely my favourite. It has a gel consistency and only a small amount is needed to hydrate my face. The best part is that it is absorbed very fast which is great to use right before applying makeup. Would recommend for dry skin only since it does leave skin shinny.
Retails for C$ 49.50
2) Real Techniques brow brush. No brow brush compares I swear. I love filling in my brows with a powder or a denser gel colour with this brush. It spreads evenly and is great for shaping the brows especially in places you could use a little extra definition!
Retails for $18.00 US in starter set kit.
3) Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour blush in flush. It’s described at a “pinkish berry” online. I’d say it’s more of a baby pink really. I was a little disappointed with the lack of “berry” but I still wore it everyday so I guess that doesn’t mean much! Love this colour for everyday wear it goes with any makeup look since it’s such a natural pink. So pigmented and it really does last so long. I don’t know if 12 hours is accurate but I can honestly day I never worry about how I look when I wear the Tarte blushes. This is just one of the many I own, I’m seriously obsessed with them!
Retails for C$31.00
4) Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched. Wasn’t too keen on this when I first received it in my ipsy bag (referral link here sorry had to). I fell in love with this fast! I usually don’t love shimmery bronzers since I normally use the matte ones only to contour but I started using this to contour just to see how noticeable the shimmer would be but it just gives your cheeks a nice glow! It looks very natural and it’s not muddy looking at all on anyone with a pale complexion.
Retails for C$27.00
5) Buxom Full-on Lipstick in Amsterdam. This was an impulse buy but I ended up adoring it! This is one of my many “nudes”. My nudes aren’t everyone’s typical pale colours. I’m not much of a fan of the concealer-no-lips look so my nude’s I guess are considered pinks. It’s definitely a pink mauve colour but on my lips it even has a peachy shine to it. Very unique! Or I just completely confused you. Sorry, I suck at describing colours. It’s very beautiful though trust me! It also does that tingly plumping thing I like.
Retails for C$23.00
6) Lancome Juicy Tube in Simmer. This is a really nice nude rosy peach colour with very fine shimmer. It almost looks duochrome with the peach and pink! Love pairing this with the Buxom lipstick mentioned above. Not too sticky and not too think either. Wish it wasn’t in a tube though but that isn’t a big deal.
Retials for C$23.00
7) Buxom Sculpted lash mascara in blackest black. I just have the little baby mini size but I’m most definitely buying the full size after! It gives my lashes volume and length to the extreme!! The best part is that it doesn’t clump. That’s one of my pet peeves. I hate the spider leg look although I know to each his own. This mascara has a super weird “S” shaped brush I never thought I’d like!
Retails for C$24.00
8) Tarte be MATTEnificent amazonian clay palette. I am obsessed with this palette!! Matte eye shadows are my favourite to wear to create natural everyday looks so this palette was the most perfect and obvious choice for me to buy. Pink and purple toned shades are included along with some creams and browns. The two matte black and brown liner colours really pulled the palette together. Such a variety of looks can be created. The shadows are so pigmented on the eye and very smooth. The blush in “elevated” is a nice everyday dusty rose. I can see myself getting a lot of use from this palette!
Retails for C$43.00
9) Prada Candy Perfume. I got this for Christmas and I’ve been treasuring it since. It smells like licorice and candy and floral and I’m crying while I type this because I love it so much. Don’t judge me but I think I’ve fallen in love with a bottle of perfume. I love the lasting power of the perfume too. I can honestly say I smell it on myself all day long. Apparently, according to sephora, the notes are Caramel, Musk, Vanilla, Benzoin. What even is Benzoin?
Retails for C$96.00 (1.7 oz)
All prices are in Canadian dollars, sorry Americans. I used sephora.com and the brands website for the prices. Hope you liked what you read and are intrigued to try something new! Let me know what to try next? I’m seriously desperate for more beauty products in my life!
Thanks for Reading!
2013 is almost over or over already depending on when I finally decide to get off my lazy ass and write this list! It’s been an eventful year, a lot of happiness and a lot of heartbreak. I hope your … Continue reading